Today, being in business has never been more challenging. Perfecting your sales process, finding the right blueprint to send solid leads into your marketing funnel, and boosting your search engine presence are all areas that need your constant attention and focus. Here are 5 effective ways you can improve your online presence:
- Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
If you’re looking to boost sales, then it’s important to optimize your website for mobile shoppers, and we’re still mentioning this because there are some companies that haven’t updated their sites.
Recent stats show that more people are shopping on their phones than their computers, with 50.3 percent of traffic coming from mobile devices and 49.7 percent coming from computers.
People are browsing all the time… Wherever you are, on the train, waiting for a bus, and eating food out… you know there’s a good chance we’re scrolling.
- Make Your Website Easy to Navigate
If you want your customers to purchase your products, make it easy for them to navigate your website. If your website is difficult to use, you will lose valuable business.
Here are some important website navigation points:
- Design your site menus for users only
- Keep your website menu and navigation placement consistent throughout all your pages
- Having fewer levels of pages makes the structure of your website easier for everyone to understand
- Keep your dropdown menu short, simple and straight to the point
- Design your website pages similar to how you would design a landing page
- Make your ecommerce website mobile friendly because most of the website visitors nowadays visit websites with their phones
- Understand that your aim with each page is focused on one main goal.
- Promote Products on Your Homepage
Are you releasing a new product? Use your homepage to promote it.
Homepages in most cases receive a high percentage of your overall website traffic. So, if you are not leveraging one, you are losing big time. Keeping your homepage fresh and up-to-date with your latest products can help to boost sales. But don’t overcrowd your site with a bunch of links to various products. Now only does it look bad, but it will hurt your conversions too.
- Offer Multiple Payment Options
Offering a wide variety of payment options will make it easier for shoppers to pay, helping to improve sales.
Surveys show that people will cancel their purchases if their preferred payment option is not on your site?
If you have no alternative payment options on your website, the number of purchase sitewide will decrease, and you will have a lot of incomplete transactions, missed opportunities and a higher bounce rate.
Here are reasons you should have multiple payment options on your site:
- For customer convenience
- It will make your online store look more professional
- It will make selling to a global audience easier
- It will help you to retain more customers
Here is a list of Online Payment Providers:
Paypal – PayPal makes it easy to get paid securely anywhere you do business: online, on mobile, in person or via an invoice. They are accepted in over 200 markets and 25 currencies worldwide.
Stripe – To manage payments, you can set up Stripe accounts for sellers from 25 countries. They also handle billions of dollars of payments a year.
Authorize.net – Sell online, mobile or at a store. Accept credit cards, e-checks and alternative payments.
Freshbooks – Accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure.
CashApp – A very minimalistic type of app that is easy to use.
- Ask for Customer Feedback
Reputation is everything. Ninety-two percent of consumers now read online reviews –as opposed to 88 percent just a year ago. Encourage your customers to leave feedback about your products and services to help build your company’s reputation.
Here are the ecommerce SEO tips to encourage your customers to leave feedback:
- Make use of a short survey
- Create a feedback box
- Reach out to your customers via email after purchase
- Use the user activity on your website analytic page